Odd thoughts, quirky ramblings, random pictures, and the latest in quirky finds from across the web, QJ has a little something for everyone.

View Blogger Profile

I'm posting mostly over at Quirky Cookery right now, where I play with my food and teach you to have fun with it, too. Come check me out?


What's My Accent Today?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

What American accent do you have?
I actually hate things like this, but considering I did the other one the other day about my name, I thought, what the heck? I might as well get them out of my system because somehow, I keep managing to run across them....mainly from other blogs, none of which, might I add, tend to do this sort of thing either. It must just be one of those phases and trust me, once I'm done with it, it'll be gone, and no more of these icky things.

I do want to note, though, that it's really accurate. I think part of the reason I can so easily adjust my accent is because I don't have much of a set one in the first place. I've moved so much that I tend to just both consciously and subconsciously change the way I pronounce things to fit the area I'm in. I can sound like any region I need to when given a bit to adjust....and it's actually harder 'not' to pick up on the accents than it is to imitate them. When I went to London, I was told specifically not to try to copy the way they speak....so I thought, "ok, no biggie." Wrong. Within a couple days, words and phrases were slipping into my vocab and I couldn't stop it. It stuck with me for several weeks after the fact, too, no matter how much I fought it. The same happens when Kentuckian phrases or accents on certain words slip in when I least expect it....even though I only lived there a few years when I was younger and I haven't been back for an extended time since. It's crazy....but I love it.

And fyi, I don't care how many times I'm told I should go into tv or radio, I will 'not' go into broadcasting. I don't wanna and you can't make me! *crosses arms and stands firm on the decision*

Be the first to reply!
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Clicky Web Analytics