Odd thoughts, quirky ramblings, random pictures, and the latest in quirky finds from across the web, QJ has a little something for everyone.

View Blogger Profile

I'm posting mostly over at Quirky Cookery right now, where I play with my food and teach you to have fun with it, too. Come check me out?


I've Gone Pink!! Incredibly Pink!! (Breast Cancer Awareness Month)


I don't like the color pink. At all. I don't know what it is about the color, but it tends to make me uncomfortable. If I try to wear a pink shirt, or god forbid, pink underwear, that's all I can think about all day. I become acutely aware of the fact that there is something pink attached to me and it gets weird. It's just another color and I don't care, but it happens no matter how much I try to forget about it.

This month, though, I'm breaking my own rules of comfort and changing my blog colors to pink. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and everyone's familiar with the color connection (well, it was either for this or Victoria's Secret's Pink line, but I wouldn't do that, now would I?). Most of us know someone who has been effected by breast cancer whether directly or indirectly, so why not join us? It's for a good cause.

Check out PinkforOctober.org for logos like the one I have above, some stories, and links to other sites who have gone pink. Here's the link to other places that have info about breast cancer. Remember, awareness is the whole point, so take a few minutes and educate yourself a bit more. Like....did you know that breast cancer is the fifth most common cause of cancer death worldwide and *third* in the United States? Exactly....go check out the facts.

3 comments:
Mary said...

Your blog looks purty! Thanks for visiting my blog, pink looks good on whether you like it or not ;)

Virginia Lee said...

Eeeeeek! I'm glad I had my sunglasses on!

I think I'll go pink as well, Jessi. As a cancer survivor, even though it wasn't breast cancer it was female, I definitely want to do my part.

Thanks for posting about this at AW so I didn't miss it.

cadiz12 said...

very true. i used to work at a mammography center (tragically named The Breast Center), and it was heartbreaking how many people wrote that breast cancer had affected their family members. get checked, people!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Clicky Web Analytics